Tuesday, November 16, 2010

HW 11 Computing Futures

Homework 11

1)   I believe I would want the robot to be able to learn. Learn by use of it's sensors. Most significantly, be able to learn facts... That it would be able to connect facts together. For example, Ellie Payton is a quaterback, and have it know that a quaterback is a player in American football. It would do this by intitially having a very good ability to read natural written language.

2)  I've seen it in movies and would like to do something similar. Hopefully if I can get my project working fairly well and make headway in automated fact extraction, then either I or other people will be able to add functionality that will make it able to hold useful and meaningful/gainful conversations with you. Like in the movie it was able to take from its knowledge repository about metals and help design mechanical equipment. This would definetly be a long term aspiration for the system though. The main thing would be able to get it to automatically recognize facts and categorize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment